An esoteric Tea Sit harnesses the Lunar New Year’s Eve by tying loose ends, spirit-cleansing the spaces we hold, a co-created spell of possibilities for the year ahead.
Saturday, January 21, 2023
From 9:30AM – 11:30AM PST
This is an intimate, hybrid event, with 10 spots available for in-person, and 10 spots available via Zoom.
**This option is for catching this session via live-stream or replay
The Lunar New Year’s Eve has its own name, 除夕 (Chúxī) in Mandarin, a tradition and special day that can be traced as far back as 3500+ years ago in ancient China. The Lunar New Year’s Eve is a liminal day, seen as an end, and also a preparation for a new start. Ceremonies in honour of dieties, ancestors, and other cherished spirit beings are engaged in, cleaning rituals and the release of energies that have tied us down, and the sharing of energies by gift giving.
This year, Mimi Young, animist-spirit medium, offers two components of Lunar New Year celebrations: A Tea Sit to poise ourselves for the Year ahead with magick and ritual (this event on Saturday, January 21), followed by an optional second event on Sunday, January 22 for Forecasts For The Lunar Year + Ancestral Offerings via live-stream.
This session is meant to ground and resource you, as you relate with the visible and invisible realities of the New Lunar Year, tie the loose ends of the previous lunar year through powerful intention work, be led via journeying to spirit-cleanse the spaces you hold, and engage with other Magick of Tea attendees to co-cast a spell that holds desirable possibilities for the Year of the Rabbit.
All in-person attendees will experience the following O5 teas that support heightened inner knowing, communicative abilities with the Unseen, and that grants a healthy measure of luck. All online attendees will be provided a tea menu which they can preorder for the event.
- White Moonlight Tea from Vietnam, pressed with tangerine (a symbol of prosperity for the upcoming Rabbit Year) – check back soon for its product link on O5Tea.com
- Tundra Tea (Qijuktaaqpaiq in Inuktitut) is a wild, foraged tisane from Rankin Inlet, Nunavut. It is very powerfully medicinal and relaxing plant.
- Bourbon Cask Aged Georgian Wild Tea. We can celebrate the new year with this Tea from the land where the Asian and European continental plates collide.
All ticket-holders will receive a $20 voucher to spend towards any O5 tea purchase totalling over $100 (great for online attendees who can order tea from the tea menu ahead of time for the event! Please allow up to 10 – 14 days for teas to be shipped within North America.)
What to expect:
- A guided Tea Sit to connect with the Water Rabbit and other energies of the upcoming Lunar Year
- Have the opportunity to tie the loose ends through powerful intention work
- Be led via core shamanic journeying, to energetically cleanse the spaces you dwell and hold
- An opportunity to engage in a co-casted spell that invites the energies you desire to experience this Year of the Rabbit
- Mimi will also share mini spirit readings for each ticket holder (in-person and live-stream)
- Be held by a selection of Tea and their spirits, both physically and energetically throughout this session
Please have the following supplies available:
- pen and paper
A note for live-stream attendees: Once you have signed up, Zoom login details will be emailed to you within 24 hours. All live-stream ticket holders will be sent a replay link via email within 48 hours after the course, and the content is available only within 48 hours of distribution. It is the responsibility of the ticket holder to download the contents within the 48 hours onto your device so that you will have the recording in perpetuity.
*Given the nature of the type of deep work we get into during these sessions, and out of respect for the entire group, we ask that participants are 16 years of age and up.
“This morning’s Magick of Tea was so powerful and tender. I’m so grateful and amazed how you and Tea gently revealed shadows and energetic supports within the short 2 hour container. I am even grateful for the tears and re-connecting with memories and deeper meanings and symbolisms for healing and understanding.”
— Mona Stilwell
THE MAGICK OF TEA SERIES
In the beginning, Tea was used in ritual offerings, eaten as a vegetable, and drank as physiological and spirit medicine. From an animist perspective, Tea displays a rich connection to Earth, spirit communication, divination, and magick. Being the plant medicine of choice by many eastern mystics, Tea wields energy – visible and invisible – and helps one find their place in life.
Join animist-occultist and spirit communicator, Mimi Young of CEREMONIE for in-person and live-stream, intimate group sessions in the sanctuary of O5 TEA for a guided esoteric tea experience. Return to a sense of stillness, restore inner-regulation, and experience deep communion with Tea as a Plant Teacher and Spirit Ally.
In each Magick of Tea event, expect a weaving of:
- A curated fine tea tasting from O5’s collection, selected to showcase its flavourful and esoteric properties (in-person attendees only; online attendees will have a chance to pre-purchase)
- Channeled Tea messages / other divinatory messages for the group
- Amimist-shamanic wisdom that corresponds to the key energy of the event
- A guided Tea Spell and/or other ritual
- Opportunities to share, (re)connect, and grow your spiritual family
This is an intimate hybrid event, with 10 spots available for in-person, and 10 spots available via Zoom (with replay).
More Magick of Tea Events:
Save each third Saturday of the month for our monthly Magick of Tea session. Next up is on Saturday, February 17, 2023. More details soon!