Join us December 1 for an in-person only, special edition of Magick of Tea instalment for a fun, pleasure-forward evening of tea and chocolate tasting, botanical education, fragrance making, and social gathering.
Learn about scent compounds, how the plant fragrance relates to energetics, and how to engage in aroma-based ritual work. Explore your inner needs, your scent preferences, and some of the plants and their terpenes that can support your whole-self as you blend your own bespoke botanical fragrance sigil to call in the energies you desire.
At a separate station, attendees will also have the opportunity to work hands-on with a Meiji-era stone mill to mill their own tencha leaves into matcha, experiencing the terpenes of the Tea plant aromatically in multiple ways, including drinking it during the event.
Fine teas will be served, as well as artisanal confections to delight our senses. Special holiday shopping offered by both O5 Tea and Ceremonie will also be available.
• Flights of fine teas curated by O5 Tea
• Learn how to mill your own matcha tea with a traditional Japanese stone mill
• Delicious sweet treats to sample
• Foundational education around botanical energetics
• Foundational education around fragrance blending / perfume-making
• Sample fragrance ratios / recipes
• Ingredients, materials, and sanitation tools to make your own botanical scent sigil
Space is limited. Maximum 16 attendees.
$88 (In-Person only)
Words from past experiences:
“Very potent sensory experience for me throughout…”
— Shengyin Gui
“I deepened my connection to practical mundane magic surrounded by a warm and wise community.”
— Amy Chou
“The way you teach, however, gives life to what are often conveyed as concepts. You have a way of returning their power and voice to them.”
• Given the nature of the type of deep work we get into during these sessions, it is recommended that attendees are 16 years and up.
• As we will be working with pure botanical oils, we cannot guarantee that they are allergen-free.
THE MAGICK OF TEA SERIES
In the beginning, Tea was used in ritual offerings, eaten as a vegetable, and drank as physiological and spirit medicine. From an animist perspective, Tea displays a rich connection to Earth, spirit communication, divination, and magick. Being the plant medicine of choice by many eastern mystics, Tea wields energy – visible and invisible – and helps one find their place in life.
Join animist-occultist and spirit communicator, Mimi Young of Ceremonie for in-person and live-stream, intimate group sessions in the sanctuary of O5 Tea for a guided esoteric tea experience. Return to a sense of stillness, restore inner-regulation, and experience deep communion with Tea as a Plant Teacher and Spirit Ally.
More Magick of Tea Events:
Save the date for our hybrid in-person + virtual event, Lunar New Year: Tea with Water Rabbit on Saturday, January 21 from 9:30AM – 11:30AM PST. More details to come!