Saturday, March 18, 2023
From 9:30AM – 11:30AM PST
This is a hybrid event
**This option is for attending via the live-stream (recordings available)
The I Ching (The Book of Changes), the oldest Chinese oracle, divination text and philosophical system is said to be birthed and used from ~1150 BCE, around the same time Tea was discovered as a plant medicine. The I Ching still provides inspiration to faith, psychoanalysis, philosophy, agriculture, higher mathematics and quantum physics, law, art and literature.
Join animist spirit medium, Mimi Young of Ceremonie and experience the foundation of the I Ching, including the sacred synchronicities of numbers, Yin and Yang mysteries, and the elements according to ancient Chinese shamanism. Understand how these powerful, practical tools can be used to empower and enhance our everyday life. We will integrate the experience with a Tea Sit, led by the folks at O5 Tea, with prompts by Mimi. Discover how Tea is both a conduit and a container for the ancient mysteries of the sacred and the mundane.
All in-person attendees will experience the following O5 teas with roots in Asia that are as primeval as intuitive conduits and containers as the I Ching itself. All ticket-holders will receive a $20 voucher to spend towards any O5 tea purchase totalling over $100, which online attendees can preorder for the event.
- Bamboo Conditioned Pu ER (cooked). Surprisingly complex for it’s age, we were delighted to encounter a demerara sugar like sweetness contrasted by a rich aromatic profile reminiscent of english pipe tobacco. Medium body, smooth texture even with more aggressive brewing.
- 2010 (13 year old) Ban Po Lao Zai Pu Er (raw). Wild honey. Raw, intensively floral, mouth watering, with hint of smoke an long lasting finish. This tea takes you on a trip to the highlands of southern Yunnan.
- Tibetan Tea | Heritage brick. The tea that Tibetans drink all day, every day, often with butter (the original “bulletproof” style). This fermented tea ( བོད་ཇ ) is made by Mr. Gan Yuxiang (甘玉祥), intangible cultural treasure of China.
What to expect from March’s Magick of Tea:
- A guided Tea Sit to check in, deeply listen, and dialogue with our inner selves and spirit allies
- Have the opportunity to share our experiences and questions with the group
- Explore and engage with the foundations of the I Ching
- Mimi will also facilitate mini spirit readings for each ticket holder via the I Ching trigram each participants draws (in-person and live-stream)
- Be held by a selection of Tea and their spirits, both physically and energetically throughout this session
This is an intimate, hybrid event, with 10 spots available for in-person, and 10 spots available via Zoom (with replay). All ticket-holders will receive a $20 voucher to spend towards any O5 tea purchase totalling over $100 (great for online attendees who can order tea from the tea menu ahead of time for the event! Please allow up to 10 – 14 days for teas to be shipped within North America.)
Please have the following supplies available:
- pen and paper (all attendees)
- watercolour paper or Chinese calligraphy paper, some oversteeped Puer (or other dark tea), a clean paint brush (online attendees only; Mimi will supply these for in-person attendees)
- $55 Live-Stream (with replay)
A note for live-stream attendees: Once you have signed up, Zoom login details will be emailed to you within 24 hours. All live-stream ticket holders will be sent a replay link via email within 48 hours after the course, and the content is available only within 48 hours of distribution. It is the responsibility of the ticket holder to download the contents within the 48 hours onto your device so that you will have the recording in perpetuity.
“These Saturday morning offerings are so precious to me and have had such an impact ever since I started attending in the late Summer or early fall last year. You hold space in such a way that I imagine every person in the room feels welcomed and valued, I know I do.”
— Sarah Trivett
“This morning’s Magick of Tea was so powerful and tender. I’m so grateful and amazed how you and Tea gently revealed shadows and energetic supports within the short 2 hour container. I am even grateful for the tears and re-connecting with memories and deeper meanings and symbolisms for healing and understanding.”
— Mona Stilwell
THE MAGICK OF TEA SERIES
In the beginning, Tea was used in ritual offerings, eaten as a vegetable, and drank as physiological and spirit medicine. From an animist perspective, Tea displays a rich connection to Earth, spirit communication, divination, and magick. Being the plant medicine of choice by many eastern mystics, Tea wields energy – visible and invisible – and helps one find their place in life.
Join animist-occultist and spirit communicator, Mimi Young of CEREMONIE for in-person and live-stream, intimate group sessions in the sanctuary of O5 TEA for a guided esoteric tea experience. Return to a sense of stillness, restore inner-regulation, and experience deep communion with Tea as a Plant Teacher and Spirit Ally.
In each Magick of Tea event, expect a weaving of:
- A curated fine tea tasting from O5’s collection, selected to showcase its flavourful and esoteric properties (in-person attendees only; online attendees will have a chance to pre-purchase)
- Channeled Tea messages / other divinatory messages for the group
- Animist-shamanic wisdom that corresponds to the key energy of the event
- A guided Tea Spell and/or other ritual
- Opportunities to share, (re)connect, and grow your spiritual family
This is an intimate hybrid event, with 10 spots available for in-person, and 10 spots available via Zoom (with replay).
More Magick of Tea Events:
- Witchcrafting with Tea – Saturday, April 15, 2023