Join Mimi Young, informed by her Han Taiwanese ancestry, to immerse, explore and interact with aspects of ancient Chinese Astrology. Folks enrolled in this two-part e-course of 4hr 45min total will have the opportunity to receive an in-depth foundation of Chinese Astrology including how your sign is influenced by Yin and Yang, by the influencing Wu Xing aspects (elements of Wood, Fire, Earth, Metal, or Water), and a thorough animistic description of each animal. Make sense of the lunar signs and their native element, ascendants, and the subtleties of animal physiology, in both your personal life or as patterns in the collective.
Having a foundational understanding of Chinese Astrology will help you relate with the visible and invisible realities, support self-awareness: an embracing of our gifts and an acceptance of our limitations, gives us clues on what we can do to activate the life we wish to live, and how your existence is woven into the fabric of others’ experiences in a harmony-supporting way.
What to expect:
- Guided Tea Sits with prompts and activation
- Foundational understanding of the Wu Xing (5 Elements)
- Wu Xing within seasons, years, and Animal archetype correspondences
- The 12 animals as parts of ourselves, their attributes and how they affect their Lunar Year
- Ascending (Rising) animal archetypes
- Animals and the intersection of their native element and the year’s element
- The Lunar Year and also the Rising and how they intersect with the elements
- What to look at to determine how we will fare during each animal year as a collective
- General principles when determining how we will fare during each animal year as individuals
- Questions answered from participants present during the e-course series’ live-stream
- A brief forecast of the 2022-2023 Water Tiger year
- An activation and deepening of your relationship with Tea as a wisdom keeper and folk medicine plant.
For folks who have taken the e-course Telling Chinese Shamanic Time, this 2-part series can be seen as a complement and an extension.
This 2-part series is an enriching addition to the Mystery Mentorship Wood + Fire Module.
If enrolled in Chinese Astrology Sessions 1 + 2
- Paper and pen
- Link to a handout will be supplied upon enrolment
- Optional: Traditional Chinese tea such as white, green, oolong, pu-erh, or black is preferred, though some form of herb or other plant you would like to consume as a drink (and what suits / is safe for your body) is also okay. Please do not make the tea yet, simply have the teaware, the leaves, the hot water, the tea cup / drinking vessel within reach.
~ 4hrs 45mins