Saturday, April 15, 2023
From 9:30AM – 11:30AM PST
This is a hybrid event
In-person at O5 Tea 2208 W 4th Ave, Vancouver
(AND live-stream with replay)
**If you’re wanting to purchase an in-person ticket, click on the button.
**If you’re wanting to purchase an e-ticket for the live-stream, click HERE
Tea and Tea rituals are meaningful practices found around the world. In Chinese cultures, Tea and the customs and ceremonies surrounding Tea go back before Buddhism, Confucianism, and Daoism, to Chinese shamanism, otherwise known as Wuism. Mediums and other spirit workers would pick leaves in the mountains nearby temples, dry them, make them into tea, which were then used during meditation, divination, and sorcery. Tea as plant medicine and a tangible tool in spellcraft.
Join animist spirit medium, Mimi Young of Ceremonie and engage with the Unseen through Tea not only as a plant that can be made into a sacred drink, but also as a tool in outer temple witchcraft spells. Relating with Tea animistically can invite us to reorganize energies, resulting in the release and activation of desirable change. Through tea-based witchcraft, we will increase our capacity for engagement with Mystery and magick, and participate in the interconnection of life.
All in-person attendees will experience the following O5 teas that hold energies suitable for spellcrafting. All ticket-holders will receive a $20 voucher to spend towards any O5 tea purchase totalling over $100, which online attendees can preorder for the event.
- Tang Dynasty Zisun Coin. Bringing fire and ‘potion’ concepts. Including a video here for live-stream attendees.
- Darjeeling FF. ‘Air’ feeling, influenced by the high altitude of the Himalayas.
- Old Tree White Moonlight. This is a Yunnan White Tea from 2019, possessing a much ‘older’ spirit. It is even reminiscent of aged Pu Er.
What to expect from April’s Magick of Tea:
- A guided Tea Sit to check in, deeply listen, and dialogue with our inner selves and spirit allies
- Learn how tea classification, colour, taste, and cha chi can influence magick, and how to select teas for spellwork.
- Engage hands-on in tea-based witchcraft, engaging TWO spells – in an activation spell and a spell for closure.
- Have the opportunity to share our experiences and questions with the group.
- Mimi will also share mini spirit readings for each ticket holder (in-person and live-stream).
- Be held by a selection of Tea and their spirits, both physically and energetically throughout this session.
This is an intimate, hybrid event, with 10 spots available for in-person, and 10 spots available via Zoom (with replay). All ticket-holders will receive a $20 voucher to spend towards any O5 tea purchase totalling over $100 (great for online attendees who can order tea from the tea menu ahead of time for the event! Please allow up to 10 – 14 days for teas to be shipped within North America.)
Please have the following supplies available:
- pen and paper (all attendees)
For live-stream attendees:
- Tea leaves and ritual paper (or paper that you would like to use for spells)
- String – black, green / golden / red
- $78 In-Person – purchase via the button below
- $55 Live-Stream (with replay) – CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE
A note for live-stream attendees: Once you have signed up, Zoom login details will be emailed to you within 24 hours. All live-stream ticket holders will be sent a replay link via email within 48 hours after the course, and the content is available only within 48 hours of distribution. It is the responsibility of the ticket holder to download the contents within the 48 hours onto your device so that you will have the recording in perpetuity.
“This morning’s Magick of Tea was so powerful and tender. I’m so grateful and amazed how you and Tea gently revealed shadows and energetic supports within the short 2 hour container. I am even grateful for the tears and re-connecting with memories and deeper meanings and symbolisms for healing and understanding.”
— Mona Stilwell
THE MAGICK OF TEA SERIES
In the beginning, Tea was used in ritual offerings, eaten as a vegetable, and drank as physiological and spirit medicine. From an animist perspective, Tea displays a rich connection to Earth, spirit communication, divination, and magick. Being the plant medicine of choice by many eastern mystics, Tea wields energy – visible and invisible – and helps one find their place in life.
Join animist-occultist and spirit communicator, Mimi Young of CEREMONIE for in-person and live-stream, intimate group sessions in the sanctuary of O5 TEA for a guided esoteric tea experience. Return to a sense of stillness, restore inner-regulation, and experience deep communion with Tea as a Plant Teacher and Spirit Ally.
In each Magick of Tea event, expect a weaving of:
- A curated fine tea tasting from O5’s collection, selected to showcase its flavourful and esoteric properties (in-person attendees only; online attendees will have a chance to pre-purchase)
- Channeled Tea messages / other divinatory messages for the group
- Animist-shamanic wisdom that corresponds to the key energy of the event
- A guided Tea Spell and/or other ritual
- Opportunities to share, (re)connect, and grow your spiritual family
This is an intimate hybrid event, with 10 spots available for in-person, and 10 spots available via Zoom (with replay).
More Magick of Tea Events:
- We will be taking a break for May. June’s event will be held on Saturday, June 17 from 9:30AM-11:30AM PST.