1. While I most likely cannot be whoever I want, I can do something that weaves my interests with my abilities, to the best of my circumstances.
2. My shortcomings are not cuter than others’ or more excusable; I take fierce ownership of myself while also offering tenderness when I stumble.
3. I love myself by pacing the inner child.
4. While I cherish peak spiritual experiences, I also give attention to the humble moments each day.
5. Appreciation is a habit I cultivate by noticing beauty found in humans and more-than-humans.
6. Love is what I give myself, not what I wait for from others.
7. Struggle will always be part of life, so it’s not about finding ways to ‘overcome’ them. Instead, I am learning how to respectfully live with Struggle as my roommate.
8. What I eat or not eat does not make me a better or worse person. Food intersects culture, access, class, neuro-type, gut flora and psychology, and more.
9. Spirituality does not have a uniform.
10. If my goal in life is to surround myself with “like minds” and cancel everyone else, I will eventually be alone.
11. Life will contain a spectrum of “vibes”, and not all of them will feel good, and when I don’t feel good, it does not mean I am “attracting” it.
12. It may not be reliable to always equate strong emotions with the belief that something is “meant to be”.
Speech and the power of words is something that Homing Coven is holding space for especially this month. HOMING COVEN is an on-going support e-space, where as a home for spiritually inclined people, we relate with one another, and with energies and spirits, to enrich our practice and seed tangible, desired change.
Between coven gatherings, group support sessions, events and seasonal / lunar celebrations, we have over 50 live sessions each year, offering a well rounded and supportive container for folks who are wanting to walk between the visible and invisible worlds, engaged in the being and doing instead of just the talking of magick and spiritual ritual, and building lasting allies. Sliding scale membership, with Partial Scholarships currently available.
What are your affirmations? Can you add to this list?